Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Unforgettable Journey

What a trip! The people, experiences, and places will surely be unforgettable. I can’t even begin to believe that with all we learned and moments we shared that we were in Greece for only three weeks. This is surely one thing in my life that I wouldn't trade anything else for. I am glad I was able to meet everyone in this group and learn more about geopolitics, globalization and statecraft. From the moment I heard about this program, my attention was grabbed. I knew I wanted to study abroad and this program fit perfectly. Even though these courses did not fall under my major, my understanding of the topics discussed is much vaster.

Believe it or not, for those of you that know me, I already cannot shut up and stop sharing my experiences with my friends and family. I highly recommend this program to anyone interested in the geopolitics, globalization and statecraft. To have a greater understanding of the world you live in is truly an important attribute to understanding the place where you are from. As much as I learned about the European Union, it was interesting to see the United States influence in the Mediterranean. Attending the American Navy Base was by far one of my favorite experiences. Being able to share lunch with the Commander and hear his story of his times in the military and then questioning him about the base and other geopolitical significant topics was great. It was one of those trips that just put the real world aspect into what we were learning.


Overall like I said before I wouldn't trade this trip for anything. My time spent here in Greece with everyone in our group was amazing. This trip has motivated me to look for more study abroad opportunities for next summer and maybe even spend some time traveling Europe afterwards. As glad as I am to be back, I am much sadder I have left Greece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment